Join us in helping others
Garden Acres Pentecostal Church welcomes all who want to begin or grow in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Founded over 50 years ago and situated in the heart of Goshen, Ohio, we desire to reach the least, the last, and the lost. We are aﬃliated with Holiness Missions to America.
Our Pastor is Dwayne Cornett, who has been with the church since 2007.
What We Believe
- We believe in the verbal, absolute inspiration of the Bible, both the Old and New Testaments. (2 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 4:12; I Peter 1:23-25; 2 Peter 1:19-21)
- We believe in the one triune God co-existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 3:16, 17; 28:29; John 17)
- We believe that man, in his natural state, is a sinner, lost, undone, without hope in the world, and without God. (Romans 3:19-23; Galatians 3:22, Ephesians 2:1,12)
- We believe that Jesus is God, come in the ﬂesh and that He is both fully divine and fully human, the Son of God. (Luke 1:26-38; John 14:1-3; Act 2:36, 3:14, 15; Philemon 2:5-1
- We believe the only way to be saved is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, who died for our sins and was raised for our justiﬁcation. (Act 4:12; Romans 4:1-9, 25; 5:1-11; Ephesians 1:3-15)
- We believe that the same Christ Jesus who walked the earth in His ﬂeshly body has been raised from the dead and has ascended to the Father and is presently serving as head of the church on earth, bringing it to purity and maturity, and interceding for the saints. (Luke 24:39-43; John 20:24-29; 14:1-6; Romans 8:34; Ephesians 4:11-13; Colossians 1:18; Philemon 1:6; Revelation 19:7-8)
- We believe in the visible, bodily, premillennial return of Christ Jesus to this earth, to gather His Church (Bride), and to judge the world. (Acts 1:10, 11; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10; James 5:8; Revelation 1:7)
- We believe that the terms of salvation are repentance toward God and a personal, heartfelt faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, which results in regeneration of the person. This salvation is entirely by the grace of our Lord and not of works. Works are excluded except as fruit of salvation. (Act 3:19, 20; Romans 4:1-5; 5:1; 10:9-10; Ephesians 2:8-10)
- We believe that the Church of Jesus Christ is a body of believers who have Jesus as their head; who assemble to worship, who carry forth the great commission, and who minister as the Holy Spirit leads. (Matthew 16:18, 28:19, 20; Act 2:20-28; Ephesians 4:15; 5:22-32; 1 Timothy 3:15)
- We believe that the two ordinances of the Church which are commanded by Christ are Baptism, by immersion in water in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19-20; Act 8:38; Romans 6:1-4; 1 Peter 3:21) And the Lord’s Supper, a memorial of the death, resurrection and second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Luke 22:13-20: 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
- We believe that believers should live, as the early disciples did, a life separated from the world and unto Christ and to set standards of conduct that exalt our Lord and His Church. A life of holiness and obedience to God is not optional but is commanded by Jesus and the apostles as a requirement for those who will enter the kingdom of God. (Matthew 7:21; 16:27; Romans 12:1-3; 2 Corinthians 6:17; Galatians 6:14; Ephesians 5:11; Colossians 3:17; Revelation 20:12) Holiness is not prerequisite to, but evidence of, salvation, and as such it is always present among those who are saved. (Hebrews 12:14)
- We believe that the Scriptures clearly set forth the doctrines of eternal punishment for the lost and eternal life for the saved. (Matthew 25:34, 41, 46; Luke 19:19-31; John 14:1-3; Revelation 20:11-15)
- We believe the Holy Spirit to be the third person of the Trinity whose purpose in the redemption of man is to convict men of sin, regenerate, indwell, and guide the believer into all truth, and give gifts to believers as He wills, that they may minister as Christ would, to men. We believe that any local congregation that yields to the Holy Spirit should experience the manifestations of all the Spiritual gifts mentioned in 1 Corinthians 12:8-10. Luke 11:13; John 7:37-39, 14:16, 17, 16:7-14; Act 2:39-48
- We believe that Baptism in the Holy Spirit is for all believers as promised by John the Baptist (Matthew 3:11), Jesus (Acts 1:4, 5, 8), and Peter (Acts 2:38-41) and as witnessed by the early disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ (Act 2:1-4; 10:44-46; 19:6).
- We believe in speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God uses doctors, medicines, and other material means for healing, but that divine healing is also provided in the atonement (Isaiah 53:5) and may be appropriated by laying on of hands by elders (James 5:14-16) or by believers (Mark 16:18), by the prayers of any believer gifted for healing the sick (1 Corinthians 12:9), or by a direct act of receiving this provision by faith (Mark 11:23).
- We believe in the sacredness of life, the sanctity of marriage, the priority of the family and the divine order of the home. (1 Corinthians 11:3, Hebrews 13:4)